The goal of the Excellence In Masonry Architectural Awards is to recognize outstanding masonry projects featuring brick, block and stone will be recognized for design, workmanship and creativity.
A distinguished panel of out-of-state jurists will judge the entries. The Arizona Masonry Guild recognizes the professionalism and expertise of the individual jurors, encourages and supports the jury’s discretion in its choice of projects. The decisions of the jury will determine the type of awards which may include Honor, Merit and Citation awards within categories of Residential and Non-Residential. A submittal entry does not guarantee an award regardless of the number of entries received per category.
Other Awards will include:
Craftsmanship Award – Residential and Non-Residential: All projects submitted will be considered for the Craftsmanship Award. These awards will be selected by a panel of three retired masonry contractors.
Awards will be presented to:
The architectural firm, structural engineering firm, general contractor, major masonry supplier(s), masonry contractor(s), and the owner of the project for each winning project. Please list all companies that apply as there may be multiple architects, masonry suppliers or masonry contractors for the project.
Presentation of awards will take place at the: Excellence in Masonry Architectural Awards Banquet On Friday, September 21, 2018 at The Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas.
1. Masonry products (limited to concrete masonry units, brick and stone) must be the predominant components. Projects utilizing simulated stone cannot exceed more than 25% of the masonry
2. Projects must be completed between January 8, 2013 and March 30, 2018.
3. Projects must be located within the state of Arizona.
4. There is no limit to the number of projects entered per company.
5. Previous Excellence Design Award winners (Gold Trowel, Honor, Merit and Citation) projects may not be re-submitted. Previous Craftsmanship Award winners may be re-submitted for consideration for an Excellence Design Award (Gold Trowel, Honor Merit, and Citation) only.
May 17, 2018 – Completed Submittal Packet Due
Week of July 2, 2018 – Jury to Review Submittals
September 21, 2018 – Awards presented at the Excellence in Masonry Architectural Awards Banquet