The Machine Operator Program Instructor will assume responsibility for AMC’s efforts to train individuals for careers in machine operating. This position will act as the AMC liaison to producer members and facilities throughout the state assisting with technical questions and support. The successful applicant will have documented experience in the machine operator industry.
AMC Machine Operators Program Instructor:
- Must be prepared and certified as an instructor to teach all forms and levels of curriculum both classroom and hands on according to the yearly schedule.
- Must be qualified to assist producer members within house trouble shooting and technical support.
- Must be available for local travel.
Must be comfortable conducting zoom meetings. Assists in curriculum development and developing standards for the program. Participates in career fairs and Highschool outreach recruiting efforts
- Must be an experienced Machine Operator (3-5 yrs. Experience required)
- Previous experience operating Besser V-3 or Columbia Block Machine Model 1600 or Model 16
- Must have advanced working knowledge of the following systems o Mechanical Systems o Hydraulics/Pneumatics o Motor/Motor Control o Electrical Systems o Electronics/Program Logic Controllers
- Familiarity with NCMA & Amatrol Curriculum preferred but not required
- Previous experience in instructing preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively teach machine operating to incoming apprentices.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing. Comfortable presenting to small and large groups.
- Must have excellent organization, administration, and time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Proficient in the use of computers and associated software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of computer applications that relate to the development and implementation of the educational program and overall organization
- Valid Driver’s License required
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Ability to travel throughout Arizona and occasionally out of state. Overnight stays may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour